Monday, April 27, 2009

No Longer

I will no longer take the abuse you hand me day and day,
No longer will I sit while you destroy all that I may.

I will not shed another tear, no more on your behalf,
For I have learned to stand up, alone without your hand.

I will not take your insults nor will I listen to your plea,
So many years have passed only now do I feel free.

You took away my pride and you caged me like a beast,
No longer will I lay here infected with your disease.

I suffered unbearable while you doubted my will to try,
No longer will I deal with you and your deceitful lies.

It will take 500 more like you to hold me down this time,
This time I will not hold back my punishment for your crimes.

You will not hold me in this fortress, no matter the obstacle given,
I'm not the same weakling you knew, as now my life is charged and driven.

Id rather starve alone and cold and homeless with the flu,
Than stay and live another day imprisoned here with you.

I'll survive the challenges thrown my way, may heavens bare witness to see,
For I will no longer give myself to you, I set my spirit free.

~Mark

1 comment:

  1. out of all the poems, this is my favorite one!
    z

    ReplyDelete